Saturday, August 7, 2010

What someone can do in case he she has my computer IP?

someone sending me threats telling that has my computer IP, wht do u think they can do to me, or how can i protect my computer ?What someone can do in case he she has my computer IP?
Most people can't really do anything with your IP address, it isn't even able to accurately tell people where your computer is (personally my IP address says that I'm just under 100 miles from where I actually live).


It is possible that you have a dynamic IP address (ie. it's set by your network not you, so it will change whenever you make a connection). If not, and you're still bothered, you can change it using these steps (on XP %26amp; 2000, I'm not sure if it will work on other OS's including Vista):


(1) Open 'Command prompt' by clicking Start%26gt;Run then typing 'cmd' or 'cmd.exe' into the box that appears.


(2)Use the command:


netsh interface ip set address name=';NameOfConnection'; static %26lt;Desired IP%26gt; %26lt;Subnet mask%26gt; %26lt;Default gateway%26gt;





(it's all one line)


However, unless you're sure what you're doing it's probably best not to mess with the command prompt....What someone can do in case he she has my computer IP?
chances are you have a regular consumer internet service provider like comcast or sbc, your ip address is dynamic meaning it changes. if you want to change your ip address all you have to do is unplug your modem over night and by the morning you should be assigned a new ip address.








http://searchwindevelopment.techtarget.c鈥?/a>
They can't really do anything. At worst, they can find what city you live in. It's EASY to find someone's IP address, but there isn't really anything that can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment