Saturday, August 7, 2010

I tried replacing my computer case and now my computer doesn't boot?

I tried replacing my dell inspirion case with a ultra x-blaster case(which I installed 2 120mm fans) but it didn't boot I thought it was because i put the front panel cables in the wrong order, that was right(i got a digram for my motherboard to help me) But it still didn't boot. So I put my motherboard(MATC G333 INTEL chipset) and power supply(600 wts) and other components(nvidia 8800 gt) in their original case(dell inspirion 530) and now I still can't boot, but I do get a orange light on the computer(when it original works the light is blue). I want to know if my motherboard is the problem or my powersupply. Everthing worked perfect(5 months ago) until I tried to switch cases. I bought this computer this year from dell online store. And also no system fans are coming on not even the powersupply fan, I just see an orange led for the switch and another led on the motherboard.





I alot of people to give me some help, I might just buy a new motherboard and powersupply, but I would try to fix this to save some money.I tried replacing my computer case and now my computer doesn't boot?
Why not put a boot through your computer and buy a real one?


lol. Seriously I have a dell inspirion laptop, and they make it so hard to chop and change chips/parts, is much better to get a generic build your own. That is what I've done for my home computer, built a powerful machine based on cheap as tech, from the local computer dude from taiwan.I tried replacing my computer case and now my computer doesn't boot?
Dell computers are proprietary hardware systems just like HP, Compaq and other brand names, that means you can't install the motherboards in other cases, the pin outs are different, it sounds like you have blown the motherboard,





If you are about to buy a new board then go for a MSI or a Gigabyte system, MSI have got the more manufacturers awards than any other motherboard manufacturers
The cables from your startbutton (the mechanism inside) is connected to your MB and fact its turning in a orange LED I believe its ';telling'; you that somethings wrong (maybe with the connected cable, the MB itself or even perhaps startbutton itself [not the actual button but the mechanisme that makes it start]). Id say take a look at your MB manual and see if theres a section for what can be the problem when orange color LED appears.





Else you should try ask in a forum that specializes in hardware and computing generally, they might can give you some better answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment