Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ways to get computer case replaced?

My computer case smells like f*cking sh*t even if the power is off and I told the place i bought it from that i want it replaced as it pollutes my whole f*cking room but the douche bags told me they cant replace it or refund it unless its ';faulty'; wtf can i say or do so i can get this crap refunded?Ways to get computer case replaced?
If you talked to them in the same manner that you write like here, I wouldn't expect too much. I have found that a firm but polite manner is paramount when trying to get someone to co-operate. This applies in bars and restaurants as well as with the tax man. A well spoken respectful request will get a more reasonable response. I suspect in your case you have completely burnt your bridge. Physical violence is a strict no no.





On a different tack, perhaps you could remove the contents of your case and wipe it out with a solvent. I think you may object to the smell of preservative coating that seems to cover cases these days. It can tend to smell stronger when your machine heats up.





Good luck.Ways to get computer case replaced?
It's complicated.





Basically you have to take everything out by hand. ( Cables first, then components, etc ). Lots of unscrewing and handling of sensitive equipment. It's definitely doable, but it'll take about 2-3 hours and a lot of attention. Don't hurry, and be calm about it. Look for tutorials online first.





About a refund, I wouldn't dream about it. The stores don't replace components that actually don't work, much less ones that work but ';smell funny';. That's how they win money.





Best of luck!
I would buy a new case, transfer my hardware, take the only case, sh*t in it, and slam it through the window of the assholes you bought it from.

No comments:

Post a Comment