Saturday, August 7, 2010

What is a good computer case for someone who is new at building computers?

I am into computers and I thought i would try to make one. I looked at online resources about computer making and I have a pretty good idea of how it all works. I am having a hard time figuring out what kind of case to use. I am going to be making a more low-end one and I don't know what i should look for in a case. What are some good brands and/or exact models that are good for a noob like me. And please don't just link me to newegg.com.What is a good computer case for someone who is new at building computers?
i would recommend Rosewill cases. I went with them a few years ago and never buy a different one. They're sturdy, fairly light, and come in all sorts of sizes and designs. You want to make sure that the power supply you get is at least 400 watts (for a low-end computer). And be careful - i've seen good power supplies that don't have the right power connectors (like for a SATA hard drive - those don't normally use the standard 4-pin power connectors).


And don't get suckered into buying a case with ';lights'; or ';a window'; - you're paying extra for looks...and that's now what computers are meant for.


Also keep track of what kind/how many case fans it uses. Standard sizes are 80mm and 120mm. I like the 80's cause they're a bit quieter and smaller (but move a bit less amount of air as the 120's, but with low-end, you don't need much).What is a good computer case for someone who is new at building computers?
Antec cases are always easy to work with, and I recommend the Antec 300: http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Hundred-Gami鈥?/a>





It's quite cheap, but if you want a different case, then look for an Antec case, they are always good quality and good to work with.
ANTEC


Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer Case if you want high class


Antec Three Hundred Versatile Mini Tower Gamer Case inexpensive yet very good
I just did a nice little basic build for father in-law. with a HEC case with a 585w psu from newegg , gigabyte microatx, and AMD 2.7ghz kuma and everything went together real easy. runs very quite he was very pleased.. and thats not easy to do with him. Case with PSU was $69 free shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment