Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What is the best computer case fan configuration?

I am about to build my first computer. I am trying to decide how to configure my case fan(s). Here are the fan locations on my case:





80mm front bottom


80mm rear top


120mm side





I was originally going to stick with the old method of front bottom fan sucking with rear top fan blowing. Then I started thinking of a way to incorporate the side fan location. Now I read the results of a test stating that only using a single rear exhaust fan yields the best results (link follows). Im stumped. Any advice would be appreciated. http://icrontic.com/articles/pc_airflow_heat_cooling_guideWhat is the best computer case fan configuration?
Have the front and side pulling air in with the back fan pushing it out. My setup is similar but I have 120mm front, 80mm side and 120mm in the rear. That's how I do it and it works really well. The side fan pulls air right to the CPU while the front fan hits the hard drive and video card.
  • north face book bags
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment