Saturday, August 7, 2010

I have a slim computer case but want a video card. Will I have problems if I leave the case open?

Slim case running a 3ghz P4, 2.25G Ram. Buying a Geforce GTS 250 card. May have to switch to a larger ATX 350W PSU, or add it as redundant to power the video and extra 120mm fans. The entire case comes off leaving basically the entire MOBO exposed. Will the lack of channeled air flow cause overheating? I was thinking of just putting a small house fan next to the computer to blow air over it.I have a slim computer case but want a video card. Will I have problems if I leave the case open?
This can cause overheating however, i would be more concerned about dust and dirt getting into areas that it isn't suppose to. I would suggest just buying another computer tower. they normally sell pretty cheap. Sometimes as little as $29.99





This would be your best bet.





Guru


www.computer911support.comI have a slim computer case but want a video card. Will I have problems if I leave the case open?
Yep, a little fan placed next to the case will work


I was doing the same with my old computer and getting better temps than with the panel closed

No comments:

Post a Comment