Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I open the computer case for a Compaq Presario S4020WM?

My friend gave me his super old computer and I wanted to mess with it to upgrade it. But the case has a single screw. I have removed it and still cannot open the computer case. There are no other screws on the case that can be removed just a series of small metal screw-like pieces with holes in them. Am i just not pulling the upper case hard enough or do I need a diff type of screwHow do I open the computer case for a Compaq Presario S4020WM?
-Pull the SIde up?


-Is there a leaver?


-Place it on Floor, with the side u want to open facing up, and place both palms on it ir really try slide it back...





-or maybe if really old, may need to open the other side and even the top of the case??????How do I open the computer case for a Compaq Presario S4020WM?
I don't know how to open it but looking at the spec you might need at least for xp is 1gb. The GPU is an AGP so it will cost a lot. Also upgrade the hdd to a 7200 rpm ide.
When all else fails, read the manual:





1: Lay the PC on its side with the access panel


(the side with the pull grip) facing up.


2: Remove the access panel by loosening the


screw(s) 1 that secures the access panel to the


PC chassis. Slide the access panel back 2


about 1 inch (2.5 cm), and then lift it up and


off the unit.





Sounds like the cover is simply stuck in your case
  • make up foundation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment