Saturday, August 7, 2010

What computer case to go with?

Hi all,





I've been looking at getting a new case and power supply for a while now, and so I've looked at many cases so far. I've already found my power supply, a Nexus RX-8500 850w modular (110 euros, good reviews), but getting a good case is a bit harder.





I've pretty much narrowed the computer cases I'm interested in down to Antec's Nine Hundred Two and Cooler Master's Storm Sniper (while also keeping an eye out for the Cooler Master HAF 922), these cases seem pretty sweet.





I know that the Sniper has more space than the 902, but... The 902 comes in at about 70 euros less, extra costs included, and I'd rather save that money for some great parts. Also, if I were to go for the Sniper I'd have to wait about a month longer to get all the money I'd need together, which I'd rather not do. :P





The HAF 932, yet another case I was looking at earlier, would come in for about the same price as the Sniper, but with less interesting features to me, so it's pretty much out of the equation.





Here's what's important to me in a case:


* Enough space for at least a Cooler Master V8 cooler or similar and one or two GeForce 285GTX cards.


* Good cooling, though it doesn't have to be that extreme.


* Enough space for two HDDs, a DVD burner (maybe two) and a 3.5'; card reader (this shouldn't be too hard).


* mATX and ATX, I'd like it if BTX and/or EATX were possible too, but they're not required anytime soon.


* A window or something else to see blue lighting through (a mesh comes to mind).


* If possible, as many blue LED fans as possible pre-installed.





So, my question is... What do you guys think? Go for the 902? Save up for the Sniper (if it's truly worth it I will, I love the looks)? Or perhaps check out another case entirely?





Anything that costs more than the Sniper is probably out of my budget already, but I'm interested in hearing whatever you have to say.





Thanks in advance!What computer case to go with?
i know cooler master makes some good cases but my vote would be go for the antec 900.





I have a 900 V1 case with an AMD 920 X4 Phenom II, Noctua np12 heatsink/fan and a gtx275. cpu and case stay nice and cool, so does the gfx card. the 900v2 is much better because of the cable management that was designed into the case.What computer case to go with?
Just got the Antec 902, it's AMAZING. Extremely sturdy, very good cooling, and looks awesome. Also, more space then I'd imagined reading all those reviews. I'm amazed.





Thanks a lot for the answer!





PS. Fans aren't very bright, but I'll be getting a LED side fan soon, so that isn't really a problem.

Report Abuse



If your going for those parts mid-towers are out of your equation too. Those parts would never fit i suggest getting the HAF or any full tower that comes in you budget.
Sniper has more room than the 902 but you can use the longest cards out in either case. If you like the Sniper buy it. I prefer the Antec with one of the reasons being its black inside making it great for modding.


I build and sell gamers and leave the case up to the customer as it doesn't matter what I put the stuff in as long as it will fit and its them that will be looking at it daily not me. My personal Vista gaming case has 2 blue fans in the front, a blue fan in the window, 2 red fans in the rear and 2 UV tubes lighting up green SATA, IDE and floppy cables. I find all blue boring but, to each his own. Heres where I get most of my case mods--real nice people:


http://www.frozencpu.com/
  • make up foundation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment