Saturday, August 21, 2010

After a computer case switch, my hard drive and CD & DVD Drive not getting along now?

So, I bought a new tower case for my computer rig and transfer everything hardware wise over. Motherboard is screwed in, HDD is connected, and my two CD/DVD drives were connected, everything is hooked up and ready to go.





At first, I get the ominous ';Operating System Not Found';. I try again, hoping to get into the BIOS, but it won't even let me into that. Ok, well that sucks. I unhooked the CD and DVD drives from the Motherboard, and miraculously my Operating System was found, because my computer boots up as normal, right to Windows XP. Hmm. Why is it that when I want to incorporate my CD/DVD drives, it wants to pretend it can't find the OS on the HDD and won't even let me into BIOS? There were no disks in the CD/DVD drives either to cause any conflict. HELP!!After a computer case switch, my hard drive and CD %26amp; DVD Drive not getting along now?
It appears that the system is trying to boot from the CD/DVD drive. When you disconnect them then the system goes to the HDD to boot. You need to boot with the cd.dvd disconnected. Go into the Bios and change the boot order to boot from the HDD first. then power down and reconnect the CD/DVD drive and reboot. it should work.After a computer case switch, my hard drive and CD %26amp; DVD Drive not getting along now?
It is possible you are not pressing the right keystrokes or the BIOS is not set to recognize USB keyboards. This might explain why you can not enter the BIOS.





For the Operating system not found error: It seems that it is looking at the wrong place for the operating systems. You can ether set the BIOS to look in the hard drive first, but if you can not enter the BIOS. Try switching where the CD/DVD drives and Hard drives are connected to if you can.





IF they are both using the same IDE cable, make sure the hard drive is set to master and the cd is set to slave.
well its not the case switch. however something in the bios sounds like it was messed with. so my guess is that you have to make a primary and slave drives in the bios and with the jumpers
Make sure the motherboard is not contacting the case and shorting out. If it is it could be messing with your bios settings among other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment