Saturday, August 21, 2010

LOCKED MY COMPUTER CASE!!!!?

I locked my computer case, Its a circular lock. I locked it a while ago. I need the parts out of the computer but I don't wants to damage the case. Not even a little. Not a scratch, I don't want to break the lock either or pick it. Someone told me to go to a computer store and ask about this but I'm Not exactly sure... The person told me to get a key from a computer store... Aparently one of these keys can open all of the tubular locks so, I need one. Where can I get one, How much will it cost. And what is it called?LOCKED MY COMPUTER CASE!!!!?
Think you're talking about tubular locks....





You might be thinking about a master key. It's unlikely (but still possible) that would be the case, as a master key is designed to open all of a (limited) set of locks.





Opening a lock without using a key specifically designed to open that lock is considered lock picking, so if the ';key'; isn't designed for a specific lock/set of locks it's considered a pick(rather than a key), as it's purpose it to defeat the security of the lock (ideally) without damaging the lock.





The following site/shop seems to have the kind of thing you would be looking for namely a ';tubular lock pick'; @ 拢64.99 (it's mentioned on the left hand panel) which picks the lock with very little effort from you. You need to count the number of pins in your lock to get the right tool. The AVI video on tubular lock picking explains how to use this kind of tool...


http://www.lock-pick.co.uk/faq.htm


http://www.lock-pick.co.uk/videos/pickin鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment