Saturday, August 21, 2010

Building my own computer...case/power supply question.?

I've always been into computers, started taking them apart and puting them back together in the 6th grade or so. Once I hit highschool my focus changed to football and other highschool related things, but now that I'm out on my own I've started back to computer repairs (mainly on my own computer =/)





Anyways-I've decided to build my own computer since I never had the funds to build an entire computer before. I'm not looking to do anything ridiculous, just a normal computer for every day needs. I'm wanting to use a AMD 64 3000+ %26amp; nForce Motherboard (AMD Sempron), I've got the hard drive/dvd drives picked out as well, but I'm not sure what to do for the case and Power supply?


I've replaced Power Supplys before-but I've always just gotten the one that was compatible for my computer. How can I tell what case/power supply will work with the setup I've picked out?


Thanks!Building my own computer...case/power supply question.?
well for the case i suggest Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail for 110 dollars





http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a>





and for the power supply i suggest to get CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail it is for 119 dollars





http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a>





Building my own computer...case/power supply question.?
Building your own system is allways a good thing to do :)


with regards to the case you can have what ever style you want some even come with PSUs (power supply units).


But if the case you want does not come with one, you should think about getting a 500 watt PSU that should be enough for your systems.


Happy building.

No comments:

Post a Comment